Thursday, March 10, 2011

New Triumph Storm

The new Triumph Storm is a home run - as long as you don't plan on touring.
 Just rode the new Storm 400 miles from Phoenix, AZ to L.A., and man are my shoulders killing me. (Bah Boom.) Don't get me wrong, the bike is an all-around well-engineered package in any kind of riding situation: super-smooth fueling, eager throttle, power whenever you need it (just ask) and well-matched gearing. The thing kicks ass. But it's a bear if you're trolling the superslab, mostly because it sets you out like a sail in the wind. A couple of hours at 75mph+, and well...you'll be digging for the ibuprofen. Which stands to reason - I mean, it's not designed to be a touring rig.

I'd assume existing Thunderbird accessories could be easily fitted to this model though, in which case i'd go for the midsize screen - something that won't muck up the low, clean lines of this bad boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment